You should always know more about the history and fun facts of your city, so here are a few amazing facts about the city of Atlanta.
- The city of Atlanta ranks 3rd in cities that has the highest concentration of fortune 500 companies.
- Atlanta is one of the only two cities with two recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize, Namely President Jimmy Carter, and Martin Luther King Junior.
- It is illegal for you to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
- The title of tallest building in the United States is actually held by The Bank Of America Plaza, found in The city of Atlanta electricians are highly qualified. A fun fact about the building is that there are no street entrances to the building; entrances can be found underground in the parking area.
- There are at least 65 streets in Atlanta with the word Peachtree included in its name.
- Many plastic surgeons in Atlanta provide free consultations which helps women to get more information about breast augmentation and make an informed decision. It’s one of the reasons why cosmetic surgery is currently booming in the city.
- The City of Atlanta is the 5th city named as the capital of the state of Georgia.
- The City of Atlanta is represented with a Phoenix due to a historical fire that happened in the city, only for the city to rise from the fires ashes.
- Atlanta is the home of the world busiest Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, due to its ideal location where most major cities in the US is just a 3 hour flight.
- Atlanta is home to the largest Hindu Temples outside of India.
- Atlanta is the only North American City that was destroyed as an act of war.
- The State Building in Georgia is gilded with locally lined gold, almost 43 ounces of it.
- The Largest exposed granite in the world is found just outside the city of Atlanta, Stone Mountain.
- For 75 Days, Terry Hitchcock ran from Minneapolis to Atlanta, covering over 2100 Miles.
Every city has its own history, secrets, and fun facts. It is just incredible what you can discover about the place you call your home. It is important to know what you can about these things because it is not just the city’s history but yours.